4.19.2011

mock up atom eve cover

Colored in Illustrator

Brush and ink vs Manga Studio 4
Heres a little behind the scenes at piece I worked on of Atom Eve. The last two images are a comparison of traditional inking versus digital inks. My crappy scanner was not quite capturing the quality I wanted of the traditional inks so I decided to pull out the ol manga studio to ink with. Ive had the program but hadn't messed with it since getting a cintiq. Suprisingly, I really liked inking with it. I treated it like traditional inking and ended up happy with the results.
I finished it up in Illustrator and actually changed the near hand which looked hella messed up on the ink versions.

2 comments:

Norvin Mhao Dumalagan said...

who is this heroine?

Orlando Caicedo said...

Shes from the comic book Invincible. Its been going on for a while from image.Its fantastic, you should check it out. more info here!:
Invincible wiki